Remember your wedding day like it was yesterday? “I, Megan, take you, Harry, to be my lawfully wedded husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.” Ahhh. Who doesn’t love a great wedding?
Unfortunately, the wedding is the easy part. Remaining married – even coupled if unmarried – proves to be a bit more challenging. That is where Revive Relationship Therapy can help. We
- Complete informative assessments with couples to identify strengths and areas for growth;
- Facilitate dialogue around specific issues identified in the assessments;
- Teach communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Help couples set realistic expectations around roles, sex, work-life balance, and parenting;
- Establish what healthy boundaries look like in marriage;
- Challenge verbally, emotionally, and/or physically abusive communications and behaviors, and provide intensive individual assistance to both parties; and
- Help create a vision for a happy, healthy, workable partnership that will stand the test of time.
When necessary and appropriate, we also help couples acknowledge when a relationship is unhealthy, toxic, dangerous, or irreparable. We strive to help couples thrive, but admittedly, some do not for a variety of reasons. In cases of separation or divorce, we aim to help the couple part respectfully, grieve the loss, address the critical needs of both parties and especially any children that may be impacted, and move forward with hope and dignity.
We also provide assistance with
- Pre-engagement education and readiness for marriage assessment
- Pre-marital education and preparation
- Blending families through marriage
- Co-parenting strategies