- Want help but have trouble getting to a provider’s office? No worries!
- Inclement weather? Stay off the roads without missing a scheduled appointment.
- Babysitting troubles? Schedule your appointment around nap time.
- No longer able to drive? No problem!
Build your therapy or coaching services into your life without the hassles of driving.
With a computer screen and our secure HIPAA-compliant video platform (think Skype or FaceTime with medical-grade privacy built-in), the exact same services are provided as one would receive face-to-face. In many cases, online therapy is covered by insurance! Online services provide all the benefits of therapy and coaching in the comfort of the client’s home or office. And privacy is maintained to the same extent as any professional therapeutic or coaching relationship.
We will walk you through setting up the secure connection and some simple do’s and don’ts of tele-mental health.
You already know what to expect from us, but here are some unique expectations we have of our clients using online therapy and coaching:
- Be located within the state of Pennsylvania (client should inform the clinician of their location)
- Avoid using mind-altering substances prior to session
- Dress appropriately as if meeting someone at a coffee shop or diner
- Hold the session in an appropriate room when attending a web-based session (unless previously discussed with the therapist clients should not be in bed or lying down during sessions)
- Do not have anyone else in the room unless you first discuss it with your therapist
- If there are children in the home, please be sure they are supervised during your session and will not be needing your attention or interrupting
- Please contain barking dogs in another area so you and your therapist are able to hear each other well
- Do not conduct other activities while in session, especially driving!
- Do not record sessions without first obtaining the provider’s approval
We will do a brief orientation prior to the first session.